In his popular workshop, Steve Bruce will show us how to get the most out of LinkedIn. He will explain how LinkedIn can be used to source new business, build a strong personal brand and present yourself powerfully to your target market. Steve will tailor his talk for WiPS, understanding that many of us work freelance, or as writers, or might wish to use LinkedIn to seek jobs. Members who attend this workshop should create an account on LinkedIn ahead of time, but do not need to bring a computer with them for the session.
In Steve’s workshop you will learn how to:
- Upgrade your Linkedin profile effectively
- Create a compelling, succinct personal headline
- Create a clear career summary statement
- Quickly build and grow your business network
- Source recommendations from happy clients
- Present yourself to your target market as an opinion-former and a thought leader
- Quickly identify target clients
- Source new business
- Leverage the power of Linkedin groups to build your reputation and personal brand
Steve is the Linkedin Trainer/Coach and Marketing Consultant at SB Consulting. He works with growing companies that need access to senior-level sales & marketing expertise and do not yet have their own marketing team. Steve has lived in Hong Kong for over twenty years and has worked in many areas of the communication industry including some of world’s most famous advertising agencies, outdoor media vendors, publishers, advertising sales houses and online agencies.
Wednesday, 17 January 2018
Registration from 6.30 pm
Workshop from 7.00-9.00 pm
Foreign Correspondents’ Club
2 Lower Albert Road
Admission: HK$300 for WiPS members, HK$400 for non-members,
includes one drink and refreshments.