IMPRINT 22 – Submission Guidelines
Suggested categories for submissions include:
- Commentary and Reviews
- Photography and Illustration
See previous issues of IMPRINT for ideas. We welcome work from new writers.
Submissions must be previously unpublished.
Deadline: 30 September 2023
Submission: Please use the form below to submit your document
Length: A total word limit of 2,000 for written submissions; or 3 pages for graphic submissions. As long you are within the word limit, you are welcome to send in more than one piece. If you submit more than one piece of verse, please send the poems in a single file.
Format: Written submissions should be in MS Word (.doc) or plain text (.txt) format. Photographs should be compressed jpg or gif files. (A high resolution jpg file will be needed near publication time.)
- Save electronic files under the contributor’s name plus the title , e.g. “Author Name – Free at Last”, and specify your intended category.
- Please send only a final, completed piece. Amendments will not be accepted. Please also carefully check the spelling of all proper nouns.
- Keep formatting to a minimum.
- British English spelling and punctuation
- Use “double quotation” marks
- Spell out numbers one to twenty
- Use a single space after full stops
- Names of magazines and books must be in italics
Copyright: Copyright remains with the author. WiPS only retains the right to publish your submission in this journal.
Directory entry: If you wish to update your directory entry, please send this as a separate file – save as “Author Name – bio”. The bio should be no more than 60 words in length.
Please note the committee reserves the right not to publish pieces deemed inappropriate for IMPRINT.