Short Story Competition for
Young Writers 2019
Are you a secondary student in Hong Kong who likes to write?
Would you like to be published?
Women in Publishing Society Hong Kong (WiPS) welcomes the submission of original short stories by young writers.
- Open to all students attending secondary school in Hong Kong
- Story theme: To be announced in September 2019
- Minimum 1,000 words – maximum 2,000 words
- Deadline Friday, 15 November 2019
- 1st Prize Publication in Imprint 19, the literary journal of the Women in Publishing Society, Hong Kong. HK$1,000 from WiPS
- 2nd Prize HK$600 from WiPS
- 3rd Prize HK$400 from WiPS
A panel of judges from WiPS will read all submissions and select the winning entries.
Prizes will be announced and presented at a ceremony to be held at the WiPS Imprint launch in Spring 2020. The winning entry will be published in Imprint 19.
Closing Date Friday, 15 November 2019
Winners to be announced early 2020
Submission Form WiPS Short Story Competition for Young Writers 2019
How to Submit Your Writing
- Stories should be submitted as a scanned PDF, single-sided, with pages numbered.
- The name of the short story SHOULD appear on every page. The author’s name SHOULD NOT appear on any page.
- Each story must be a minimum of 1,000 words, maximum of 2,000 words.
- A scanned copy of your completed submission form and your HKID / proof of identity / passport should be sent at the same time.
- Once the submission has been received, we will review your entry.
- If your entry is complete, we will send you confirmation that your entry has been accepted into the competition. If your entry is NOT complete, we will ask you to supply more details. Until you have received confirmation, please do not assume that your entry has been accepted.
Rules of the Competition
- The winning stories must not have been a winner in any other writing contest or have been published previously.
- Copyright remains with the author.
- Notification of receipt of entry will normally be by email. No other correspondence will be entered into once work has been received.
- The judges’ verdict is final.
- Stories cannot be altered or changed after they have been received.
- A Word document of the winning story will be required for publication.